Please note that this course will not require the candidate to enter a confined space.
Centered around medium-risk confined spaces, this City and Guilds accredited training course is made to give those in a top man role the knowledge to safely manage a team of confined space professionals.
The course focuses on the development of the knowledge and skills of the top man role with a focus on reviewing and understanding risk assessments within confined spaces, the difference between the classification of confined spaces, informing staff of their responsibilities, establishing a safe zone, ensuring correct communication facilities are in place, performing gas monitoring and reacting to emergency situations.
This course is suitable for absolutely anyone involved in a top man role within an organisation regardless of industry type.
This course covers the following modules related to medium-risk confined spaces:
- Receiving a task for confined space work
- Organising a safety zone around the space
- Confirming risk assessment and safe working systems
- Controlling the entry and exits of confined spaces
- Dealing with emergencies
- Confined space classification
- Assemble, inform and deploy staff to tasks
- Establishing onsite and offsite communication
- Opening and confirming the confined space risk level
- Performing gas monitoring checks
- Recovering workers from the space safely and closing it safely
- Hygiene procedures
- Emergency situations