Candidates who are responsible for portable electrical appliances at work should take this course. Due to The Electricity At Work regulations recommending all companies have a named person responsible, it is necessary to have a member of staff within the company qualified for this.
To enable delegates to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to be able to instigate and implement a testing programme for portable electrical testing appliances.
- Electrical safety
- Regulations role and responsibilities
- Insulation and earthing
- Classification of appliances
- Preliminary inspection test precautions
- Using a portable appliance tester
- Essential tests
- Optional tests
- Labelling tests
- Reporting and recording results
- Implementing a test programme
- Practical assessment