Candidates required to lift or move objects for their employment, should take this course.
To provide participants with information on current manual handling legislation including risk assessment.
- Introduction to the course
- Aims and objectives
- Statistical information on accidents and injuries
- Cost considerations
- Health and Safety Considerations
- Risk assessment
- Injury types
- Skeletal and muscular
- Manual handling techniques
- Practical session on lifting and moving loads
- Feedback and questions
By the end of the course candidates will be able to:
- Explain the Risk Assessment process required by the Manual Handling Regulations.
- Explain the process of carrying out an individual assessment before every lift/move.
- Perform correct manual handling techniques for lifting and moving loads