Candidates that use abrasive wheels or grinding machinery as part of their role should take this course.
To enable delegates to carry out routine maintenance checks and safely operate abrasive wheels.
- Health & Safety at work
- Employer duties & Employee duties
- Use of Equipment – Controls, stop, start and safe use
- Operator Maintenance
- Changing of Abrasive Wheels
- Abrasive Wheel – Physical checks, storage, handling, guards, arbor diameters, types and speeds
- Assessment in the safe mounting of the wheel / disc and use of the machine.
By the end of the course candidates will:
- Be aware of legislation relating to the use of abrasive wheels
- Be able to carry out routine maintenance checks
- Be able to safely operate the equipment
- Be able to change an abrasive wheel correctly
- Be assessed on the safe use and changing of an abrasive wheel